2012-01-28

Notes on running Linux 3.1.10 kernel on IBM NetVista N2200 (Model 8363)

IMPORTANT NOTE: This blog contains several pages related to Linux on the IBM NetVista N2200 (Model 8363). All the information is summarized here:

Linux on the IBM NetVista N2200 (Model 8363) page on Smithfarm - the Brain


Having tried to run the Linux 3.1.10 kernel on the IBM NetVista N2200 (Model 8363), and failed, here are my notes.

The kernel seems to work fine if I replace the standard Debian /sbin/init file with a script that simply runs /bin/sh.

The problems start when I boot into the full Debian system. Apparently, there is memory corruption. I can log in on the first virtual console, but when I go to open a second login on a different virtual console, the system locks up. Sometimes, before locking up, it displays some error messages about ld.so finding something it didn't expect.

In any case, it is unusable.

No comments:

Post a Comment