2011-07-29

Cabinet scraper burnisher / Nástroj na obtahování cidlin

About a year ago my father-in-law cut down an apple tree and gave me the wood. I've been drying it since then. I found a branch and started carving it into a handle. Then I narrowed the end using a rasp and put a length of copper pipe on it. It's now ready to drill the hole for the HSS round stock. The chisel handle is shown on my bench along with a carving knife I used.

Před rokem mi tchán věnoval dřevo z pokácené jabloně. Od té doby si ho suším. Dnes jsem si vybral větvičku a udělal z ní rukojeť. Na konci jsem narazil obruč z měděné topenářské trubky. Na fotce je rukojeť spolu s řezbářským nožem, který jsem použil.


Here's the completed burnisher:
Po broušení a nasazení radeca:

Since I didn't know what I was doing, I bored the hole in the handle too small. I attempted to grind down the rod, but then I couldn't get it all the way into the handle and about an inch of the ground down portion is sticking out. Dang tang!
Zde je vidět chyba, která nastala tím, že jsem v rukojeti vyvrtal malou díru (9mm s tím, že radeco má průměr 10mm). Ve své snaze tyčku do rukojetě "nacpat" jsem tyč brousil na brusce. Pak ale nešla tyč dosadit. Sakramentská práce!


I plan to recover from this error by making another burnisher. This time I will use a 6mm carbide rod and bore a 6mm hole, then lightly tap the rod in.
Mám v plánu tuto chybu napravit výrobou nového nástroje, který bude mít pracovní část z broušené tvrdokovové tyče o průměru 6mm. Do rukojetě vyvrtám díru 6mm a pak tyčku do ní lehce naklepu.

No comments:

Post a Comment